The mission of the Tribal Health Care Coalition (THCC) is to elevate emergency preparedness and response in tribal communities and healthcare facilities serving tribal communities to the highest level possible.
We envision tribal communities and healthcare facilities serving tribal communities aware of their disaster vulnerabilities, having effective mitigation strategies, with effective partnerships at the Tribal, County, State and Federal levels of government and with functioning incident management structures and processes capable of responding to disasters in a professional and timely manner to preserve and protect the people and property of tribal communities across the State of Arizona.
The following values are practiced by all members:
- We value being prepared for disasters and knowledgeable of disaster management principles,
- We value high quality professional response,
- We value helping our neighbors and being of service to communities both tribal and non-tribal,
- We value tribal sovereignty and the government to government relationship between tribal nations, the State of Arizona and the United States of America, and
- We value traditions and cultural practices that have been central to tribal communities for centuries.